Sitting behind 161 Collins Street on Flinders Lane is the Richard Allen and Son Building, a 6-level boutique office building.
The highly significant Flinders Lane building erected for Richard Allen and Son Pty Ltd to the design of Reed, Smart and Tappin in circa. 1897, making it among the first Melbourne warehouses to use the North American inspired Tall-arched Romanesque style.
Anketell and K. Henderson later designed and added the addition upper floors in circa. 1912.
The renovation of Richard Allen Building comprised:
Ground and First Floor refurbishment to accommodate high end food and beverage tenancy.
Refurbishment of existing office floors and workspaces.
General upgrade of existing services including extensive upgrade of existing lifts.
New pedestrian link to the adjacent T&G Building on Level 5.
Refurbishment of Flinders Lane façade and laneway pedestrianisation link through Ramsden Place.
Role: Development Manager, Project Manager and Superintendent
Value: $2.5 Million
Client: Pembroke Real Estate
Status: Completed 2018